Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Wink Covers Part 3

Gotta get these Wink cover collections up and finished for you!  No, I'm not trying to get Wink out of the way, what are you Saying!?  They truly were the Queens of Covers, and they did it right: they totally owned their own lyrics and sound.  I've heard (and will upload) some pretty lukewarm covers; covers can go horribly wrong if they aren't handled like an individual's song, IMO.


Part 3!
1.  Sexy Music - The Nolans' cover
2.  あの夏のシーガル ~Cherish~ (ano natsu no SEAGULL) [That Summer's Seagull] - Kool & the Gang cover
3.  哀しい枯葉 ~I Can't Deny A Broken Heart~ (kanashii kareha) [Sad Dried Leaves] - Annika Burman cover
4.  夏服のジュリエット ~Dos Hombres~ (natsufuku no JULIET) [Summer-clothed Juliet] - Carmin cover***
5.  夜にはぐれて ~Where Were You Last Night~ (yoru ni hagurete) [Stray In The Night] - Ankie Bagger cover
6.  悪い夢 ~I Was Made For Lovin' You~ (warui yume) [Bad Dream] - Kiss cover
7.  水の星座 (mizu no seiza) [Water Constellation] - Tricia Leigh Fisher's "Let An Angel" cover
8.  銀星倶楽部 ~I'm In Mood For Dancing~ (ginsei kurabu) [Silver Star Club] - The Nolans' cover
9.  雨に消えた初恋 (ame ni kieta hatsukoi) [First Love Disappeared In The Rain] - The Cowsills' "The Rain, the Park, & Other Things" cover
10. Fun Fun Fun - The Beach Boys' cover
11. Mighty Mighty Love - Zager & Evans' "In the Year 2525" cover
12. 夜の月、昼の月 (yoru no tsuki, hiru no tsuki) [Night Moon, Day Moon] - Bette Midler's "Night & Day" cover


***Can anyone give me more info on the Spanish-language singer Carmin?  I'm guessing she's an 80s star.  I could barely find anything on her when I looked up the song.


Enjoy!
Wink Covers Part 3

No comments:

Post a Comment