Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Wink Covers Part 4

My last Wink installment (for now).  I'm still missing a lot of their albums!  Gotta try to find...!
I hope you've enjoyed Wink's takes on 80s, disco, and some 60s stuff.  I sure do!  Some of my favorite songs of theirs are covers!  Wish they'd reunite and make some kind of self-cover album... sigh!


Part 4:
1.  12月の織姫 (juu-ni gatsu no orihime) [December Orihime] - Billie Hughes' "My World" cover
2.  Alone Again - Windham Hill Artists' "Nothing Means More To Me Than You" cover***
3.  Celebration - Vanessa Williams' "Save The Best For Last" cover
4.  Frou-Frou - Hot Chocolate's "Brother Louie" cover
5.  ふりむかないで (furimukanaide) [Don't Look Back] - THE PEANUTS (ザ・ピーナッツ) cover
6.  ロマンスの方舟 (ROMANCE no hakobune) [Ark of Romance] - MR. ZIVAGO's "Little Russian" cover
7.  時計をとめて (tokei o tomete) [Stop the Clock] - JACKS (ジャックス) cover
8.  無実のオブジェ (mujitsu no OBJECT) [False Object] - Pat Benatar's "Invincible" cover
9.  霧の楽園 ~THAT'S THE WAY (I Like It)~ (kiri no rakuen) [Mist Paradise] - KC & The Sunshine Band cover
10. JIVE INTO THE NIGHT ~野蛮な夜~ [HYPER EURO MIX] (~yaban na yoru~) [~Savage Night~] - Green Olives' cover
11. 悲しみよりもしたたかに ~MY TURN~ (kanashimi yorimo shitatakani) [More Severe Than Sadness] - Tasha cover
12. 永遠の恋人 ~AIN'T NOBODY~ (eien no koibito) [Eternal Lover] - Rufus & Chaka Khan cover


*Bonus Track*
想い出までそばにいて ~Welcome To The Edge~ (omoide made soba ni ite) [Stay Until We're Memories] - Billie Hughes
***Here is the conundrum for me.  Is it a cover or no?  Singer/songwriter Billie Hughes wrote this, and Wink recorded in 1990... but it became Billie's first single in 1991, and is called self-cover on Japanese Wiki.  Hmm... I'll let you decide.***

Billie Hughes is kinda obscure to me, so if anyone has any info on him that'd be great...
And just who are the Windham Hill Artists!?  Other than a Japanese website (which is pretty bare), I can't find anything on them!  I don't even know if the title of their song is the right one.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. 想い出までそばにいて is not cover.
    This song is written for Wink.

    ReplyDelete